1) Prometheus
First of all, Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi with a (Pseudo?)Prequel to Alien. That ship in the end of the trailer looks familiar..
2) The Dark Knight Rises
How can you top the Dark Knight? Heath Ledger's Joker put Batman through the mental wringer, now Tom Hardy's Bane promises to kick the ever-loving shit out of him. Also Catwoman.
3) The Hobbit
Holy cow, it feels like we never left Middle Earth. Even though it's been nearly 10 years since the final film of the LOTR trilogy came out. Can't wait to see this one.
4) The Expendables 2
Yep. They're doing a second one. I love the concept of these films: Take EVERY action star from the last 20, 30 years and give everyone the ultimate something or other. Unfortunately, the concept didn't exactly pan out. Maybe second times' the charm?
5) Avengers
Anyone who's read my Captain America review or knows me personally knows that I'm totally stoked for this movie. Unprecedented inter-movie continuity AND Joss Whedon at the helm. You had me at "I am Iron Man."
6) Brave
Pixar tackles the Epic Fairy Tale genre with their version of The Bear and the Bow. Gingerkids.
7) G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Ha ha oh man.
What are you looking forward to seeing in 2012? What are you NOT?
Anyway, Merry Christmas and stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment